Spring is Here!
Thank Goodness! I don’t know about anyone else, but I am ready for Spring! I am a Realtor with EXIT PRO REALTY in Rogers, Arkansas and my husband Victor is an Asphalt Contractor (Stewart’s Asphalt & Paving). Obviously we love the Spring!!
It seems that when Spring comes that everything is going to be okay. The flowers start to bloom, the leaves come out on the trees and people come out of their houses to look at open houses and yes lenders are starting to loosen up a little. With the tax credit of $8,000 and the feds saying they are going to lower interest rates to 4% plus the fact that it really is a buyers market, (a buyers market means that the buyer has a lot to choose from) I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want to seek out a deal !
If your thinking of selling your home you must be willing to compete. Selling your home in the Spring is always a good idea! People always get excited about looking at what is new on the market at this time and lets face it everyone gets a little nervous about strangers going through their house. I have composed a few tips to try to make selling your home a little easier. I highly reccommend involving the whole family in a little Spring Cleaning!
Tips to Selling Your Home….
1. Get Organized. Eliminate the clutter. Clean out closets. Give away to Salvation Army, local Churches (they usually know of a family that could use the help) or have a garage sale, involve the kids!
2. Clean the floors, mop the hardwood & tiled floors, wash the baseboards, have the carpets professionally cleaned or rent a machine at your local grocery store.
3. Clean the windows, inside and outside, dust or wash the blinds, replace or mend the broken slats, also wash and iron any curtains.
4. We all clean our bathrooms every week but spring is a good time to refresh with a new shower curtain, bath mats, and clean out the cabinets, throw out old medicine and old toiletries.
5. Clean out the kitchen cabinets. Throw away stale spices, etc..,clean the refrigerator and freezer (yes some buyers actually look inside), vacuum the cooling coils under the refrigerator and sell, give away or donate old unused small appliances that are taking up space. Wipe out all cabinets and the pantry.
6. Make sure the garage is clean and neat. Either sell, donate or give away any unused toys, tools, etc..
7. Fix anything that is broken. Maybe a leaky faucett or a door handle is loose. This gives buyers a bad impression even though it is an easy fix and normal wear and tear.
8. Clean the porches or decks. I reccommend a power washer or even using a water hose with a strong spray nozzel. This will eliminate any bugs, spider webs and any mold. house-stock-photo1You might want to clean the whole outside of the house!
9. Spruce up the lawn a little. You don’t have to spend alot of money but a few flowers in clay pots on the porch or a few flowers in the yard really makes it look nice!
10. Always make the beds. Keep the house picked up with no toys or laundry in the floor and never leave dirty dishes around, you never know when your Realtor will call and you NEVER want to turn away a buyer!
11. Clean the ceiling fans, light fixtures and change out light bulbs, make sure they all work and why not buy the economical bulbs that last longer!
12. Also, take a look around your house, does your ceiling fan look dated? What about the bathroom light fixtures, the Dining Room chandelier? It really doesn’t cost a lot to make a few simple choices to update your home.
I hope you can use a few of my suggestions and remember when selling your house make sure it’s priced right! Call a Professional Realtor, as opposed to a part time agent. Pick someone you can talk to, that you feel comfortable in spending a little time with, afterall, this is a person you are trusting a very large investment ….your family home!
And one final suggestion, don’t smoke in your house, even though you can’t smell anything other people can, so consider smoking outside and open the windows and air everything out, including bed linens, pillows and comforters etc….