Most people think that listing their home during the holiday season can’t possibly be a good idea. They want to either take if off the market or wait until next spring to put it on the market. But with the new Tax Credit extension and additions, there’s no a better time to list your home than right now! Here’s 11 Great Reasons to List Your Home During the Holidays…
11 Great Reasons To… LIST YOUR HOME DURING THE HOLIDAYS!
1. People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays so they are more likely to pay your price.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than during regular weekdays.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax purposes.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you must be on the market during the Holidays to capture that market.
9. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays.
10. You can sell now for more money and we will negotiate for a extended occupancy until early next year.
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low.