There’s a lot going on this year at the 10th Annual Bikes Blues and BBQ Motorcycle Rally. More Bikes, more music, and more BBQ than ever before! Check out this list of what’s happening this year from September 23rd-26th at BBB on Dickson Street in Fayetteville…
Bikes Blues and BBQ Turns 10!
With BBB turning 10 this year they’ve pulled out all the stops at one of the biggest motorcycle rallies in the country. Beginning as a small rally in 2000, BBB has turned into the largest motorcycle rally in the united states benefiting local charities. 2008 saw over 400,000 people in attendance from all 50 states and dozens of countries!
10th Annual BBB at a glance…
- See over 100,000 Bikes!
- Main stage entertainment is completely FREE during the day. AMP is hosting major acts on Thursday and Friday night, the 24th and 25th.
- Most major motorcycle companies will be on the premises providing demo rides along with many parts and apparel vendors.
- BBB is hosting Kansas City Barbeque Society’s 2009 Great American BBQ Tour events and crowning the new Arkansas State BBQ champions.
It’s all about the Bikes…
With over 100,000 bikes estimated to be in attendance this year, it’s really all about the bikes. Check out some of the BBB Great Rides Maps to enjoy some stellar riding around Northwest Arkansas and the beautiful Ozark Mountains.
There’s the super popular Battle of the Bikes where you can see the baddest of the bad from a tricked out trike to a radical custom chopper.
You can even ride some of the newest bikes on the market. Check out Demo Rides on the BBB main site.
If your ride breaks down, there’s even a good list of bike maintenance locations in and around the event.
It’s all about the Blues…
blackfoot Arkansas Music PavillionThis year’s big artists and bands include Big’uns, Little Hoojin, Oreo Blue, Steve Pryor, The Nace Brothers, Big Bad Bubba, Full House, and Joe Giles and his Home Wrecker Band. Daytime music is completely free on the main and southern stages.
AMP (Arkansas Music Pavillion) will host Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet on Thursday night with The Marshall Tucker Band and Oreo Experience on Friday night. Gates open at 5pm and concerts start between 7:30 and 8:00pm. Admission is $10.00 per night. Remember that a portion of all event proceeds go to local charities and the future support of BBB.
It’s all about the BBQ…
- KCBS Great American BBQ Tour recipe demonstrations, sampling, entertainment, demonstrations, even an Iron Chef competition!
- Public tasting will be help Friday Night in the Baum Stadium East Parking Lot.
- Saturday morning, judging starts… Saturday afternoon best entries recognized with cash and prizes!
It’s actually all about charity…
BBB is a bike rally with a purpose. Since 2000, BBB has raised over $500,000 for local charities. To learn about each charity involved, check out the Charities page of their main website.
Keep that in mind when you head out to BBB this week to support an amazing local event that is good for NWA’s economy as well as our culture.