Searching for the perfect home can be time consuming. Very time consuming. Since we all have work, family, and a social calendar to keep while looking for homes, here’s 20 Questions You Gotta Answer Before You Go House Hunting. If you know the answer to all these questions, you will be able to easily eliminate homes that don’t meet your criteria… leaving only the cream of the crop for you to spend your time on. Check ‘em out.
20 Questions That will Save you Major Heartache and Time
- If the perfect home presented itself, are you in the position to buy it. If not, what would need to happen before you were in the position to buy it?
- What is the most money per month that you think a bank would qualify you to make a payment?
- What do you think you’re current home would list and sell for?
- What in your current home would you like to change?
- What features in your current home or a friend/family member’s home would you like in your next home?
- What style do you love? Not like, love.
- Do you prefer single story, two-story, or multi-level living?
- Do you want/need a yard?
- Are you looking for a maintenance free lifestyle?
- How many bedrooms?
- How many baths?
- What would be the most compelling reason for you to purchase a particular property?
- Which of the amenities you’ve mentioned would be nice to have but not necessary?
- Who helps you make real estate decisions?
- Who else will play a role in making your final decision?
- What are the most important appreciating characteristics to you?
- What is the minimum square footage you can live with?
- What features and benefits should a great real estate agent provide?
- How easy or hard is it for you to put together money for a down payment? What is the maximum down payment you could afford for a home that meets all your needs?
- How do you like to view/search for homes? Internet or in person? With an agent or drive by? Appointments or Open Houses?
If you can answer these twenty questions… (and you may want to write the answers down for reference) then the agent that you choose can direct you to a list of perfect homes for you to look at that are already qualified with these parameters in mind. It saves everyone valuable time and you’ll get much less frustrated with the process of home buying. Give us a call at (479) 631-9738 if you need help determining the answer to any of these questions or if you’d like to view some home you saw using our home search.